Digital eLearning Developer
Do you love sharing knowledge and figuring out ways to help learners learn? Are you passionate about technology and this digital era? Economical is looking for experienced Digital eLearning Developers to join our team!
As a multi-award winning organization, Economical Insurance is recognized as an industry leader in the area of Learning and Education. Supporting strategic corporate initiatives, the Learning and Education team provides expertise in adult education, training, and employee development using various media applications and instructional design methodology.
As a member of the Learning and Education team, reporting to the Team Leader, Instructional Design, you will effectively apply the principles of adult learning to design and develop leading-edge, training and development solutions to support operational and strategic customers.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- You have a demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and experience designing innovative content
- You’re passionate about the learner experience, always open to feedback
- You’re a team player who is adaptable to a changing environment
- You have strong problem solving skills within technical learning architectures
- You’re familiar with current learning and performance improvement industry standards, approaches, and innovations
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You’re able to respond effectively to changing requirements throughout the development stage
- You have a proven ability to set and meet deadlines while producing high quality deliverables
- You have excellent follow-up, time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- You’re connected with professional organizations and maintain accessibility to industry resources – remaining current on instructional design and measurement practices
- Work collaboratively with SMEs, during analysis, design and development to produce quality training materials within established timeframes
- Design and develop learning solutions for multiple delivery methods including instructor-led, web-based, virtual classroom and blended instruction
- Determine learning objectives, define tasks and activities, and develop detailed learning plans and timelines
- Write concise, creative and effective instruction. Course deliverables include design documents, storyboards, prototypes, instructor and participant materials and e-learning modules
- Validate and evaluate training programs through measurement and evaluation tools to test the effectiveness of the training
- Attend agile or other project team meetings and provide regular status updates on planned activities, identifying any issues or challenges
- Works with minimal direction of learning leader, able to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Apply and adhere to corporate design and brand standards
- Record , edit and publish podcasts, screencasts
Experiences and Skills:
- University degree with a preference for Bachelor of Education or related field
- 3+ years of related experience in instructional design and eLearning development
- 3 years’ professional experience developing eLearning that includes text, graphics, videos, and simulations
- 5 years of professional instructional design experience in an ever changing environment
- Highly proficient in rapid eLearning development using a variety of design and eLearning software packages (e.g. Articulate Storyline ,Articulate Studio, Adobe Connect, Adobe Captivate)
- Demonstrated graphic design skills using Adobe Creative Cloud and PhotoShop
- Demonstrated experience with Learning Management systems ( eg. Skillport) and other web based technologies that facilitate the creation and delivery of learning experience
- Demonstrated audio and video post-production skills
- Experience with agile content development methods and working within an agile project management framework
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles
- Formal Instructional Design or e-Learning certification/accreditation
- Experience in Property & Casualty Insurance is an asset
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application and include a current resume. Be sure to include a link to your online portfolio (if available) in your resume — we’d love to see your work in action.
At Economical we are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.