Corporate Underwriting Analyst
Do you have a passion for seeing business objectives come to life? Do you thrive in a fast paced, project driven environment? Do you have an interest in business systems and technology? Are you motivated, consistently demonstrating drive and initiative? If so then we have the role for you!
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Corporate Underwriting (Regional), you will support new product development, ongoing product management for regional underwriting, manage all phases of project delivery, provide subject matter expertise and create and revise guidelines and underwriting classification criteria in alignment with our reinsurance agreements.
- Work with leaders and SMEs within Commercial team to comprehensively understand project objectives and requirements
- Collaborate with the IT Delivery and Leadership teams to deliver business objectives.
- Articulate and prioritize business requirements, specify acceptance criteria, identify gaps, and provide business sign-off
- Identify and escalate risks and issues as necessary, attend leadership and Steering Committee meetings, and communicate project status to all stakeholders
- Complete project documentation and perform and/or coordinate user acceptance and production verification testing
- Represent commercial maintenance requests; work with business units to understand business needs and opportunities requiring system and/or process modifications and translate them into actionable items
- Monitor the status of all maintenance requests and maintain ongoing communication with all relevant stakeholders
- Actively lead and/or participate in the business implementation of projects and system enhancements.
- Create communication and training strategies, develop underwriting and broker communications, and facilitate training sessions
- Placement of per risk excess facultative reinsurance
- Analyze data, work systems and workflows to improve efficiency and effectiveness, streamline processes, reduce reinsurance costs
- Develop and maintain positive interdepartmental relationships
Your Skills and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma
- At minimum 3 years of relevant, full-time commercial property & casualty insurance experience is required
- Demonstrates a compliment of both business and system knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, persuasion, and facilitation skills in order to help manage ongoing product development efforts with various internal stakeholder groups
- Possesses strong knowledge of commercial Policy Administration Systems, Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience using applications such as Share Point, Service Now and Jira is an asset
- CIP, FCIP, and / or CRM designation is required or nearing designation completion
- Remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy environment
- Team player who thrives in a changing environment
- Self-motivated and consistently demonstrates an ability to take initiative on any issue
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with customers and / or co-workers
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics and is able to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions
- Thinks strategically and demonstrates a compliment of product, pricing, and underwriting knowledge in decision making
- The ability to understand a business challenge or opportunity and then use statistical analysis to bring forth recommendations
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, The Missisquoi Insurance Company, Perth Insurance Company, Waterloo Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.