Corporate Underwriting Analyst
Do you have a passion for seeing business objectives come to life? Do you thrive in a fast paced, project driven environment? Do you have an interest in business systems and technology? Are you motivated, consistently demonstrating drive and initiative? If so then we have the role for you!
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Corporate Underwriting (Commercial), you will be part of a small team tasked with developing new products and upgrading existing products.
- Create new and update existing wordings
- Research competitor coverage offerings
- Analyze product results
- Create guidelines to assist underwriters in understanding new products
- Work with leaders and SMEs within Commercial team to comprehensively understand project objectives
- Create communication and training strategies, develop underwriting and broker communications, and facilitate training sessions
- Develop and maintain positive interdepartmental relationships
Your Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant, full-time commercial mid-market or specialty property & casualty insurance experience is required (claims experience will be considered)
- Proficient in the art of grammar and sentence structure
- Ability to understand the legal implications of improper grammar/punctuation in wordings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, persuasion, and facilitation skills in order to help manage ongoing product development efforts with various internal stakeholder groups
- CIP, FCIP, and / or CRM designation is required
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy environment
- Team player who thrives in a changing environment
- Self-motivated who consistently demonstrates an ability to take initiative on any issue
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with customers and / or co-workers
- Ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions
- Thinks strategically and demonstrates a compliment of product, pricing, and underwriting knowledge in decision making
- Understands a business challenge or opportunity and then uses statistical analysis to bring forth recommendations
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here . To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.