Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, a company-matched savings plan, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, coach and support the Head Office Finance Performance Measurement Team
- Manage internal management reporting for the insurance operations of Economical, including monthly and quarterly management reporting and analysis for the Board of Directors, executive team and operations teams
- Work closely with business partners across the organization to provide high quality, value-added information and analysis to assist in their decision-making.
- Business partnership across the organization at executive and management levels
- Oversee the production of monthly and quarterly management reporting and business review presentations for executive and operational teams
- Support and prioritize the management reporting needs of various stakeholders across the organization relating to key performance indicators, benchmark comparisons, productivity analysis as well as regional/product line profitability trending
- Oversee the preparation of branch and head office expense allocation journal entries, and evaluate and recommend improvements in response to business evolution.
- Work across the organization to drive standardization of key performance indicators
- Ensure internal reporting is compliant with Public Company Readiness protocols and procedures. Support the preparation of detailed analysis for external reporting.
- Supervise and develop, mentor and coach the Performance Measurement Team consisting of three Financial Analysts
- Stay informed of emerging issues and best practices for the development of management reporting standards including governance, tools and techniques
Your Skills and Experience
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CPA, CMA, CPA, CA)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a relevant Finance role
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Good understanding of general ledger systems (e.g. Oracle EBS), planning and reporting systems (e.g. Oracle Hyperion/Essbase)
- Previous management/leadership experience is an asset
- Previous experience working in P&C insurance industry is an asset
- Strong business partnership skills to work closely with business operations to drive achievement of targets
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter able to identify opportunities for improvement and insight and carry them out
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to meet strict deadlines
- Able to consistently provide a high level of service, information quality and responsiveness in a professional, courteous manner
- Strong work ethic and commitment to operational excellence
- Able to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- Highly motivated and able to demonstrate a desire to continuously develop knowledge, skills and expertise
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.