Business Analyst – Claims Operations
|# of openings:||2|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
W e’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
· Create and support Claims reporting and operational management to establish a unified and consistent way of reporting and analyzing data to measure key performance and lead indicators
· Drive alignment across business segments and shared functions
· Analyze, develop and document ongoing improvements to business practices, processes, procedures and tools
· Review analyses and evaluate user needs
· Facilitate process improvement implementation
Business Intelligence/Claims Strategy/Operational Planning and Tracking
· Works with Finance, BI and IT to develop and produce standardized analytics to meet Claims needs across regions, LOBs and classes to enable forward thinking intuitive reporting for Claims Management
· Supports data acquisition and analysis as requested within the Claims leadership team, working with the relevant regional/segment Claims Leaders to develop business insights
· Document processes for report gathering, analysis and distribution
· Defines and manages the provision of operational support services for the Claims leadership team to enable a consistent approach to rolling out claims processes and changes (e.g. change impact assessments, internal process change communication support, etc.)
· Manages and leads mapping of processes (i.e. current and future state) for functional areas within Claims, and/or implements operational and continuous improvements to business processes to maximize efficiencies and leverage synergies
· Continuous improvement including coordinating, prioritizing, and supporting continuous improvement project delivery (process refinement in coordination with process COE)
· Support Projects as required
· Act as Business-to-IT liaison to define, drive, implement, track KPI's while also identifying opportunities and providing solutions to improve business processes and course correct to improve overall results
Your Skills and Experience:
· University degree in a related field of study (e.g., Business, Commerce, Actuarial Studies, Math, Economics, etc.)
· 4+ years of Canadian P&C Insurance experience
· Creative problems solving abilities
· Programming skills required with languages such as R, Python and Scala
· Ability to use data to help form decisions from an execution perspective
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Relationship management skills
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here . To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com .
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.
Returning Applicant Section:
|Back to Search Results
|Workopolis Category Field:|