If you are looking for an opportunity to make significant contributions within a strong culture of innovation, consider joining our actuarial pricing team at Economical Insurance, including our direct arm, Sonnet. We have opportunities at our Waterloo, Toronto Montreal and Vancouver locations.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, your responsibilities include contributions to pricing projects using state of the art actuarial models and innovative approaches as well as the coaching and mentoring of less experienced analysts. Projects are varied and include development of rating structures and monitoring/reporting on overall rate adequacy. In this role, you will have exposure to rating and product development work in both personal auto and personal property lines, with valuable project leadership opportunities and career development potential.
- Develop knowledge of actuarial operations and the insurance business, including predictive modeling, underwriting, claims handling, and product development
- Develop and apply your experience with database and predictive modeling software to prepare and analyze data for profitability analysis and other diverse applications
- Effectively manage timelines for independent projects and analysis
- Communicate actuarial concepts and make recommendations to management both verbally and in writing with supporting documentation
- Measure, track, and monitor company and industry performance
- Respond to requests of internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies across business areas
- Perform peer reviews on the technical and qualitative analysis of peers
- University degree
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Must have 4 to 7 years of relevant full time experience
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must possess strong programming skills, including knowledge of SAS and efficient use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, VBA, etc.)
We’re looking for candidates who are on top of their game. Find out what it’s like to work at Economical: https://youtu.be/C2mu-vLY_0Q