Bilingual Claims Assistant (National Auto Appraisals)
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced
company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Mississauga Appraisal Unit, your focus of responsibility will be to provide assistance to the department
- Handling dispatch for Auto claims to staff and independent appraisers and entering information into the claims system.
- Monitoring appraisal email inbox, setting up appraisal tasks in appropriate systems within 2 hours upon receiving notifications.
- Coordinating with Adjusters, appraisers on appraisal tasks and tracking Appraisal/Appraiser assignments when applicable
- Handling all direct internal customer telephone inquiries. .
- Monitoring and handling the repair Queue.
- Faxing/emailing approved estimate from AUDATEX to repair facilities to facilitate repairs when informed via Audatex.
- When required, processing payments related to the appraisal process.
- Processing salvage documents, ownership transfers (when required).
- Tracking and processing salvage recoveries and branding requirements when requested.
- Processing salvage pick-ups when required.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or colleagues.
- Ability to perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure.
- High attention to detail
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment.
- New University Graduates preferred.
- Bilingual (French and English) Strong written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Audatex software and products would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the Automotive industry would be an asset
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.