Do you have an unstoppable passion for excellence?
Are you the type of person that believes that determined people working together can do anything?
Whether it’s at home, at work or out with friends, you’re that person who doesn’t hesitate to roll up their sleeves and pitch in when something needs to get done. It doesn’t matter what you’re tasked with, you do it with a smile and a can-do attitude.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Claims Administration, you will be responsible for a variety of operational support functions for a department spanning from coast to coast.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ve got the three Ps down pat - personable, productive and professional when talking on the phone with customers or coworkers
- You’re at your best when things get busy. You’ve mastered the art of staying calm and thinking fast on your feet. You’re definitely not afraid of change!
- You love the idea of being part of a team.
- You have a thirst for learning and pushing your own development.
- You can juggle multiple projects without missing a beat or a single detail
- Not only do you have excellent written and verbal skills, you might also be a bit psychic because you always seem to be able to anticipate the needs of your team.
Provide prompt, courteous, accurate service to all customers and partners
Setting up incoming claims, including entering information into the claims system, distributing to the appropriate claims representative
Call inquiry and distribution duties as required
Process and reconcile payments within level of authority
Provide data tracking support and manage spreadsheets
Creating letter packages, mail processing and distribution
Photocopying and filing (managing closed filing and archiving)
Maintaining workload within established guidelines and service standards
Other general duties as assigned
Your Skills & Experience:
High school diploma, but preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education
Previous exposure in an accounting function would be an asset
Well organized, detailed oriented with excellent time management skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong keyboarding skills and are adept at navigating through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Word and Excel
What You’ll Experience:
- A fun, diverse, smart and supportive team with opportunity to grow, be challenged and rapid progression to suit any career path
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- A company that values the community, wellness and work life balance
How to Apply:
Be sure to include a cover letter. Your cover letter will influence our decision, so put those writing skills to the test and make our decision an easy one.