About Global Prairie
Global Prairie is a full-service digital marketing and advertising agency that was founded with the mission of doing well by doing good. As a social enterprise, we focus on delivering integrated strategies and solutions with measurable results for clients in ‘quality of life’ sectors – including food and agriculture, consumer products, and human, environmental and animal health – so that we can give back to the communities where we live and work. What really excites – and unites – our team is our desire to give back. Since our founding in March 2008, we have donated 10% of our profits annually, totaling nearly $5 million in money and time, to causes that our people and our clients are passionate about.
Global Prairie team members share an entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to giving back, and a passion for marketing, advertising and communications. We are collaborative, proactive self-starters with outstanding people skills. Flexibility, creativity and a sense of humor is a must.
We are seeking a highly talented account director with experience in marketing and advertising, ideally in an agency setting. This person will serve as client lead on a handful of our clients in the environmental and/or agriculture industries, with responsibility for leading the client teams, bringing energy and new ideas to the client, and driving overall growth of the account. They will also have responsibility for helping us successfully identify, go after and secure new client business and, once landed, to set up and manage those new accounts up with the infrastructure they need for long, successful partnerships.
Specifically, this individual will be responsible for:
- Building, growing and maintaining strong client relationships, working toward mutually beneficial and productive partnerships
- Driving business success for clients, by providing sound strategic direction and leading the agency team to deliver outstanding marketing communications solutions
- Developing, collaboratively with our team, strategic concepts and plans that bring big ideas to life through a mix of paid, owned and earned media channels.
- Coaching and mentoring account staff and contributing positively to the overall work environment at Global Prairie
- Growing our business by proactively pursuing and securing both new and organic opportunities in the environment and/or agriculture markets, as well as other areas of interest
- Lead cross-functional teams in current client account direction as well as new business generation
- Serve as a primary point of contact for key clients and new business targets, engaging at senior strategic levels
- Drive strong category understanding of environmental and agriculture industry new business clients and prospects, identifying business-building opportunities and ensuring marketing solutions are grounded in strategic customer insights and industry-specific knowledge
- Demonstrate passion for marketing within that contributes to a better quality of life and a healthier world; and provide thought leadership and guidance from strategy to execution to analytics
- Serve as an internal and external brand champion, ensuring the team’s efforts are centered on delivering against opportunities in ways that best serve the clients’ brands and their audiences
- Develop creative and communications planning briefs that are detailed and on strategy to ensure the successful delivery of client campaigns
- Boldly identify new business targets and partners from internal and external sources
- Build solid relationships with new business targets to support the growth of Global Prairie’s business
- Drive development of new business responses, client proposals and statements of work
- At least 15 years of advertising and/or digital agency account management experience, demonstrating advancement from entry level through account director level
- Marketing experience, with particular expertise and knowledge in industries and markets such as environment, sustainability, manufacturing, agriculture and construction
- Proven track record of growing existing accounts and securing new business
- Deep expertise and strong relationships in industries such as environment, sustainability, manufacturing, agriculture and construction
- Significant experience driving strategy and leading teams on large integrated accounts
- Strong command of the full marketing mix across paid, owned and earned media
- Superior understanding of consumer behavior and what it takes to influence it
- English fluency required; additional languages desirable
- College degree required, preferably with a major in business, marketing or communications