About Global Prairie
Global Prairie is a global marketing firm that exists to cultivate a healthier world. We do this in two ways: first, we develop world-class marketing solutions exclusively for clients working to improve the health of people, animals, the environment and communities. Second, as a certified Benefit Corporation (B-Corp), we recognize the power of business to drive social change and improve the world. Global Prairie is proud to be included among the ranks of other B-Corp companies including: Patagonia, Ben & Jerry’s, Warby Parker and Etsy.
In keeping with B-Corp standards of philanthropy, Global Prairie donates at least 10% of our profits annually — in almost eight years, we have given away almost $8 million dollars — to nonprofit organizations and civic groups working to make the world better.
Global Prairie team members share an entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to giving back, and a passion for marketing, advertising and communications. We are collaborative, proactive self-starters with outstanding people skills. Flexibility, creativity, resilience, optimism, and a sense of humor are a must.
We are seeking a highly talented Account Manager with experience in marketing and advertising, ideally in an agency setting. This person will manage day-to-day account operations and frequent client communication. Personal time management and working within budgetary guidelines are essential to success.
- Manage day-to-day account operations and frequent client communication, including the development and execution of client work
- Earn and maintain the respect and confidence of the client as someone they can trust to communicate information and relay ideas in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Ensure and manage quality deliverables/work product
- Collaborate with clients to advance their business needs through thoughtful planning and execution
- Develop a knowledge of, and be conversant in each client’s business (i.e., business model, key issues, target audience and competitors)
- Display an understanding of content marketing strategy and contribute to the development of content strategies and marketing strategies for clients
- Develop an array of different types of content to fuel the integrated marketing mix – paid, owned, earned and shared media
- Ensure Global Prairie internal standards are met and exceeded
- Demonstrate willingness and energy to jump in and contribute to any opportunity
- Partner with Client Lead/Account Director on managing the financial aspects of the account(s)
- As a leader within our company, all account managers have a new-business mindset and look for ways to grow not only existing (organic) client work, but also new client work
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills to gain team and client buy-in
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience, preferably with a marketing/advertising agency
- Beginning knowledge of content marketing strategy and ability to contribute to the development of content strategy and marketing strategy for clients
- Ability to master technical information quickly
- Experience managing social / digital / emerging media
- Experience with video and photo shoot planning and management
- Confidence and flexibility to be a strong leader in the midst of a variety of projects and competing priorities
- Understanding of consumer behavior and what it takes to influence it
- Curiosity, positive outlook, collaborative spirit and passion for producing exceptional deliverables
- English fluency required; additional languages desirable
- College degree required, preferably with a major in business, marketing or communications