Do you want to work with an extremely talented, passionate, and collaborative team at BattleCry Studios, working for the ZeniMax family? We are looking for a Senior VFX Artist with a desire to craft high quality, dramatic and visceral visual effects. This is a full-time role at our Austin, TX studio.
- Work with the Lead VFX Artist to develop VFX that compliment or enhance the visual style of the project
- Work with the Design and Concept Art teams to develop clean, highly readable VFX that support gameplay initiatives and further artistic goals
- Develop stylistically consistent, visually impactful VFX assets through creative use of particles, geometry, animation and materials
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets
- Strong Collaboration skills with other artists and disciplines
- Proficient in 3DS Max particle tools, workflow and VFX related tasks.
- Experienced in creating photorealistic visual effects.
- Skilled in authoring realistic textural assets.
- Creative and innovative
- Experienced with real-time VFX authoring tools.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, iterative development environment
- Strong grasp of VFX performance measurement and tuning
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Passionate about making great games
- Able to independently and creatively solve VFX technical challenges
- Experience with various world building tools
- AAA game development experience
- RPG/ MMO VFX experience
- Experience with MAXscript
- Perforce and Test Track Pro experience