ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Technical Environment Artist to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist who can think procedurally to solve problems, and has experience building large and/or complex environments. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and define performance metrics parameters.
- Develop efficient, maintainable workflows capable of supporting large world building efforts
- Develop world building tools for artists and designers
- Work with Engineering to develop technical guidelines and performance requirements
- Build benchmark assets that represent standards of quality and performance
- Document system and advocate best practices
- Provide support, training and mentoring to users
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
- Fluency in one or more languages (Python, C#, C++, MaxScript, MEL, VEX, etc.)
- Experience building extensive environments in either Game or VFX industries
- Experience working with physically based materials
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Solid technical background and an ability to design and implement systems
- Experience with procedural authoring tools such as Houdini or World Machine
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Self-sufficient and independent
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with reality capture methods
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- VFX Industry experience
- Experience with Houdini
- Understanding of modern shader capabilities
- Understanding of core game data pipelines.
- Experience with special effects and shaders.
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques.
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.