ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead UX Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
In this role, you will work with project leadership to shape our overall UX strategy, building best practices backed by meticulous research and guiding UX Designers to establish a holistic, consistent user experience. You will use your collaboration and interpersonal skills to build relationships with stakeholders, establishing a strong UX language and evangelizing user experience design. You will also push the boundaries of your craft by exploring the latest emerging trends and creating solutions hand-tailored to player and business needs.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to define and develop UX strategy and experiential quality standards for multi-disciplinary product teams; guide UX Designers across multiple product teams to ensure holistic UX language, quality and consistency are carried throughout every aspect of the product
- Collaborate with other UX Designers and Developers to share knowledge, set realistic goals and seek out challenges and experimental opportunities; mentor and grow less experienced UX Designers, helping them tackle new challenges that level up their skills
- Establish collaborative relationships with product management partners and other key team members; you know UX can't succeed in isolation, especially in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Lead by example, diving in to get your hands dirty executing deliverables that demonstrate experience strategy when needed (experience models, prototypes, wireframes, whiteboard sketches, usability testing, user personas & ideation techniques
- 7+ years of game design experience with a focus in UX, preferably in a mix of enterprise and start-up environments
- Thorough understanding of how to design and optimize consistent end-end UX/UI systems, features, and player experiences
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools, technology and visual language
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- A deep understanding of UX trends across multiple genres and platforms, including those related to accessibility
- Experience successfully scoping, planning and executing projects as part of an agile development team
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles working as a UX Designer
- Strong design portfolio built by applying user-centered design practices to product discovery, design, and development
- Experience with prototyping software such as Adobe XD, Invision, Axure, etc.
Please provide your portfolio in order to be considered for the position.