ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead Level Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
This role will collaborate with the Creative Director, Lead Gameplay Designer, Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to develop the foundations of worldbuilding for a new IP. This will include the creation of well-composed, functional and fun 3D spaces that challenge existing norms and establish a composition that will serve as the foundation for a growing Environment team.
- Work with the Lead Gameplay Designer to establish best practices for spatial design, flow and world dynamics
- Lead your team to create level layouts using simplified geometry in collaboration with quest designers, writers, and artists
- Collaborate with all development disciplines to shepherd various level design constructs through the iterative process, from inception to final
- Mentor more junior level designers and serve as a bastion for the discipline within the company
- Deeply creative with a great sense of what makes a game or level fun
- Expert level proficiency within Photoshop/Illustrator, and other 3rd party software used in level layout and 2D design
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability
- Previous work experience with 3D world and level building tools such as UE4, Unity, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Must submit work samples - finished levels and/or blockout levels demonstrating composition and gameplay
- Technical background in programming or scripting
- Background in Architectural Design
- Experience developing Open World games
- Passion for creating rich narrative experiences