ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking an ambitious and creative Character Artist to work within our art team to create unique and diverse characters and creatures that will pull the player into our universe. Candidates should have a strong understanding of human and animal anatomy, character modeling and texturing as it applies to game play and should be able to successfully execute those ideas in engine.
- Create dynamic humanoid, animal and creature models and textures with a strong grasp of form, scale and proportion while working within defined technical constraints.
- Communicate and work with concept art team, animation and technical artists.
- Adapt to the established art style.
- Closely follow art and design concepts.
- Have a thorough understanding of pipelines and art integration into the game.
- Contribute to the creative process through original ideas and inspiration.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
- Work with the entire development team in an energetic and creative environment.
- 3+ years of professional industry experience as a character artist.
- At least one AAA published games credited as a character artist.
- In depth knowledge of character modeling as related to game development.
- Excellent sculpting skills in Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Texturing skills using Substance Painter or similar software.
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- A strong understanding of rigging and animation principles.
- Excellent fine art skills.
- Knowledge of industry software tools & pipelines (3dsmax, Zbrush, Photoshop, Marvelous Designer, Maya, Substance Painter).
- MMO or RPG experience a plus.
- Rigging and animation experience.
- Facial blendshape creation experience.
- Marvelous Designer experience.
- Hair and cloth simulation experience.
- Traditional art skills such as painting and sculpture.
- Clothing design and construction knowledge is a plus.
*The position may require an art test