Lead Technical Artist
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead Technical Artist to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Technical Artist, having served as a lead on a number of shipped titles. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows that scale well, and can support multiple projects.
- Develop architecturally sound systems at the core of our Art and Design production pipelines, capable of supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead by example, assembling solutions and demonstrating solid development practices
- Identify weak points in existing pipelines and work with other disciplines to find the most practical resolution
- Provide support and training to users while mentoring other members of the Technical Art team
- Work with Art, Design and Engineering to develop technical guidelines so developers can meet established performance requirements
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
- Fluent in one or more programming language (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Solid technical background and an ability to design and implement systems
- 5+ years relevant industry experience – some of this in a leadership role
- Experience developing and maintaining systems used in game production
- Solid understanding of contemporary graphics capabilities and processes
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- MMO or GaaS experience
- Experience with procedural authoring tools such as Houdini or World Machine
- Working with and supporting outsourcing providers
- Linear algebra
- Interest in development patterns
- Familiarity with reality capture methods
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques