Zenimax Online is looking for a highly motivated and experienced senior writer to collaborate with our talented team of creative professionals to bring the characters and stories of the Elder Scrolls Online to life.
- Work with other writers and content designers to create compelling characters and stories in the game environment.
- Write and iterate on compelling dialogue for characters.
- Write and edit compelling quest, lore, and story text.
- Write in-game backstories for the world, its locations, and its inhabitants.
- Assure fictional consistency utilizing established lore for the Elder Scrolls.
- Complete all work to required specifications and quality by established deadlines.
- Quickly master the proprietary, in-game writing/editing tool.
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Perform other writing and fiction duties that may be assigned by Lead Writer.
- Demonstrable and strong skills as a writer and editor.
- 3+ years of writing and/or narrative design experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent narrative and dialog writing skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and thrive as part of a creative team.
- Ability to work independently in a highly confidential environment.
- A passion for games and crafting compelling stories.
- Plays and understands modern video games, especially MMOs.
- A strong understanding of the lore and story of Elder Scrolls is highly desired.
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions, as well as provide a writing sample demonstrating your talent and proficiency with dialogue and storytelling. Resumes without writing samples will not be considered.