Picture yourself adding your creativity toward game-changing innovation. We have a culture of creating market disruption; a place where big ideas, and those who think them, can flourish. If you’re interested in being part of a team that dreams large, talks straight, and helps millions of customers every year build their financial future, then we should talk!
The Corporate Communications Director/Sr. Manager is responsible for developing and executing internal communications and PR plans for Blucora with a keen eye for strategy. The person in this role will effectively plan, design, build, and measure internal and external programs. This is a highly visible position with responsibilities that require regular interactions with executives as well as the opportunity to gain experience in other functional areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic internal communications plans that inform and engage employees.
- Develop and deliver compelling, consistent messages, content and events for employees that reflect the Blucora culture and the company's business priorities via multiple channels.
- Collaborate with executives and key business partners and advise on communication gaps and messaging opportunities across all internal channels.
- Oversee the effectiveness of employee intranet and corporate website.
- Continually look for ways to improve employee communications based on metrics.
- Manage filming, editing and posting of executive videos, and initiatives such as the annual operating plan.
- Partner with external agency in development and execution of corporate PR programs
- Drive corporate social media activities to enhance corporate PR and drive awareness of Blucora.
- Manage reactive PR, crisis communications issues that contribute to the perceptions around Blucora and its employees.
Education and Experience
- University Degree (BA or BS) required - Journalism, Communications or English preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience in corporate and employee communications contributing to efforts to cultivate a strong and effective corporate brand and culture.
- Experience interacting with executives.
- Experience developing, writing and executing clear plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Familiarity managing outside agencies, contractors, and associated budgets.
- Project management skills; strong communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees and managers as needed; enthusiasm and passion!
- Ability to work independently; comfort with interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability/desire to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Self-starter, resourceful, impeccable work ethic.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with developing social media content and managing channels preferred.
- Local candidates only; No relocation offered at this time.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.