Senior Account Executive – Purpose
Porter Novelli is a global purpose communication consultancy with offices across the US and internationally in London, Drury, Mexico City, Canada & Brussels. Our mission is to work with clients to find their authentic ambition to make a positive impact on society. We craft a unique brand position and build the internal and external communication strategies that drive perception and the bottom line. We know that having a clear purpose is essential to building a customer base that will support and advocate on behalf of any organization in any situation. And we can prove that companies with recognized values and vision perform better, year over year. This is our value proposition and our heritage. It’s what sets Porter Novelli apart.
Porter Novelli is seeking to hire a Senior Account Executive to join our New York office to develop and implement integrated public relations campaigns and executive thought-leadership platforms in the corporate, nonprofit and purpose space. The ideal candidate will have excellent project management and writing skills and will be a detail-oriented team player. The position includes media relations, material development, stakeholder outreach, and client interaction. Come work on world class brands, foundations and nonprofit organizations in a purpose-driven organization that consistently creates impactful award-winning campaigns.
- Develop and manage tactical PR plans
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials
- Utilize media relations skills to engage online and offline with media and influencers
- Develop and implement thought-leadership plans, including securing speaking engagements, as well as drafting and placing bylined articles
- Understand and navigate digital media activations including strategic planning and analytics
- Identify and build third-party partnerships to advance our clients’ objectives
- Ensure program deadlines are met while handling multiple projects and managing junior team members
- Coach and manage junior-level account staff on projects
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Business/Marketing, Journalism, English, Public Relations or Science discipline with a minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience required; agency background/supporting large integrated programs preferred
- STRONG PREFERENCE: Experience with executive thought-leadership programs and understanding of national and business media landscape; desire to work with purpose-focused corporations and nonprofit organizations
- Outstanding written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to effectively plan, organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong understanding of public relations concepts and tactics, and media relations
- Knowledge in integrating research and creative work concepts into account activity
- A team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Desire to have some fun and do well by doing good
- Ability to manage creative projects and work with internal and external creative teams as the liaison between the client and a creative team
- Ability to present client recommendations and drive conversations with client
- Proven ability to navigate successful third-party partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and train junior-level account staff, provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments
Our ambition is simple – to become the most passionately recommended agency in the world. If you are a communications professional that shares our Social Purpose values of embracing imagination, collaborating fiercely, digging deeply, standing up for the right idea, liberating greatness and making a positive impact there's a home for you at Porter Novelli—Join Us.
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual's ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.