ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR | Healthcare Public Affairs
The position might be based in DC or NY
About the position
The Account Supervisor position will manage clients in the healthcare sector who are facing public affairs issues. The position would be responsible for managing opportunities and issues on multiple fronts, particularly healthcare access and affordability. The position requires proven expertise, knowledge and understanding of the relevant stakeholder, media and lawmaker mindsets on these issues combined with ability to reach all constituencies with messages and materials that impact awareness, attitudes and action. The work is fast-paced, the team is located in multiple offices and the clients require an account lead who is flexible and adept at managing multiple work streams while also anticipating emerging needs.
What you will be doing
- Serving as a day-to-day client counsel on key healthcare issues, include access, affordability and reform
- Integrating and managing several work streams across Porter Novelli offices and specialty services
- Coordinating media relations efforts, providing context around the broader healthcare landscape
- Supporting overall account and budget management
- Supporting new business efforts
- Overseeing client deliverables
The experience that will contribute to your success
- Issues management expertise within healthcare; pharmaceutical policy experience and knowledge of the drug pricing landscape are a plus
- Understanding of the healthcare media environment, particularly within Beltway and trade media
- Familiarity with the federal and state health policy issues are a plus
- 5+ total years of PR/communications experience, PR agency experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Successful track record in managing and growing client business
- Hands-on experience working with healthcare industry reporters
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and with ease, so you must be organized and detail-oriented
- Passion to grow and coach junior team members and direct reports
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize projects in order to successfully manage and mitigate issues
- Confidence to share opinions with the client
- Strong writing and editing skills are mandatory and non-negotiable
Are You Ready?
If this description appeals to you let’s start a conversation. We would like to answer your questions about Porter Novelli and learn more about your career accomplishments, ambitions, and interests, and how those intersect with the role we describe
Who are we?
Porter Novelli, recently named a 2016 PRWeek Best Place To Work, is a global public relations company that combines the power of immersion with the rigor of data to create a deeper human insight that transforms the opinions, beliefs and behaviors of those who matter most to our clients. Porter Novelli people are passionate about creating big and bold change through the power of influence, by staying one step ahead of trends in media, technology and consumer behavior, thereby guiding our clients towards positive, game-changing innovation.