Porter Novelli is a global public relations company with an immediate need for an Account Manager on our Global Health & Social Impact team in the Washington, DC office. The ideal candidate will have public relations agency and healthcare practice experience, strong knowledge of the healthcare industry (preferably a combination of pharmaceutical/ medical device, government and non-profit), advanced project management skills and an impeccable attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as a day-to-day contact for pharmaceutical companies and healthcare associations, focused primarily on corporate communications, product communications, and disease awareness campaigns.
- Planning and overseeing execution of fully integrated consumer, healthcare provider, advocacy and payer-targeted public relations programs and events on behalf of clients with minimal direction from senior staff
- Overseeing and developing high-quality client deliverables, potentially including messaging, website content, fact sheets and brochures, PPT presentations, media materials, social media content, etc.
- Providing on-the-job coaching and strong mentorship to team members.
- Supporting new business development, company-wide initiatives, and managing finances and resources profitably.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Well-developed knowledge of healthcare marketplace/business practices/agency resources.
- A passion for ideas and moving clients into new ways of thinking about the role of PR are critical to success in this role.
- Ability to independently develop/execute integrated communications strategies/programs and work collaboratively with partner agencies across disciplines (promotions, advertising, etc.)
- Demonstrated capability to manage relationships with multiple internal and external clients.
- Strong project management skills and impeccable attention.
- Strong written/verbal communications/compelling presentation skills.
- Adept at social and digital media.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years public relations experience with relevant healthcare agency experience or equivalent required. Preferred experience in pharmaceutical branded and unbranded campaigns, including product launches.
- Experience in growing accounts organically, prospecting and securing new business is essential to this opportunity.
- Bachelors degree required
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual's ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.