Software Engineer: .NET / C# / AngularJS
|Location:||US - CO, Westminster|
|# of Openings:||1|
Trimble is recruiting for a Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
Virtual Site Solutions (VSS) is a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar Inc. responsible for the development of Web and Mobile telematics IoT software solutions for the construction industry. The joint venture is a globally distributed team with offices in Westminster, CO; Christchurch, New Zealand; and Chennai, India.
The candidate will have the opportunity to gain excellent on-the-job experience working for a fast-moving software division building full-stack microservices. You will develop performant, scalable applications that are translated into 23 languages and used in 192 countries. Scale messages per second processing throughput. Scale large volume of time based data. Applications run in Amazon Web Services and you will leverage AngularJS, WebPack, Bootstrap, TypeScript, NodeJS, C# .NET Core and Apache Kafka. Come join us if you like solving hard scaling problems that involve billions of rows.
Interesting problems you can help us solve:
· Scale throughput of processing messages from construction equipment located all over the globe
· Improve performance of aggregating data across billions of rows.
· Experience with AngularJS and .NET WebAPI2 api development
· Has good instincts that lead to correct solutions most of the time.
· Has a positive "can do" attitude. Try to figure out how to do something without understanding all the data points.
· Experience with Test-Driven Development, Integration testing and Agile processes
· Database development experience. Comfort troubleshooting complex SQL statements.
· Strong work ethic. Self-motivated, able to self-direct, positive attitude.
· Willingness to coordinate with teams in other timezones for shared code or data
· Self-driven professional able to work in a team environment, demonstrating a high personal interest in areas of software development and committed to producing high quality work.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Self-motivated to expand current skill set and develop knowledge of Trimble product portfolio.
· Strong work ethic. Tenacious, Grit, Resolve
· Strong analytical skills, creative, innovative and open-minded.
· Problem-solving and time management skills
· Having a flexible approach to working in a changing environment
Nice to have skills:
· TypeScript, Bootstrap, Webpack
· Docker swarm or kubernetes deployment
· Jenkins and CI deployment
· Experience working with Amazon Web Services
· Apache Kafka
· Experience developing large-scale distributed systems
· B.S. in Computer Science
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results