Trimble is recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager to fill a role in its Nairobi Office in Kenya.
The candidate is responsible for developing a strong demand, market and sales opportunities for Trimble solutions across the company’s business areas in Eastern Africa. This position reports directly to the Continent Manager Africa.
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be expected to:
- Achieve the sales targets and strategic goals assigned.
- Build and manage a consolidated regionally focused distribution channel, consisting of master distribution partners in key growth countries and a network of country level resellers and agents throughout Eastern Africa.
- Engage industry influencers, leaders and target customers strategically to build awareness, understanding, opportunities and compelling demand for Trimble’s solutions (Geospatial, Civil Engineering and Construction, Buildings, Agriculture and Telematics) across the firm.
- Manage a team of domain specific regional sales managers to achieve quarterly & annual sales targets and strategic goals.
- Develop a sustainable market and business plan for Trimble in Eastern Africa, in alignment with the global strategy for Africa, to increase market share and revenue.
- Design and execute demand and lead-generation initiatives to create opportunities and build healthy sales funnel working with domain specific regional sales engineers.
- Manage and control the regional sales process to achieve a predictable pipeline from prospecting, qualifying, management and sales closure.
- Manage and maintain good customer relationship and service, to attain excellent customer satisfaction and renewal business.
- Collaboration with divisional continental managers in Europe and Middle East.
- An ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs.
Qualification and Job Experience required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Geomatic Engineering or Civil Engineering is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration will be an advantage.
- Previous sales experience required.
- A deep understanding of the Geospatial, Buildings, Civil Construction and Agricultural industry required.
- A minimum of 10 years post qualification practical experience in surveying or the construction industry desirable.
- Candidate must have strong presentation skills, written and oral communication abilities as well as the ability to foster team collaboration.
- Languages required: English & Swahili, French will be an advantage.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.