"We Are Builders. We create jobs and careers by building products that excite us – and that others are pleased to buy. We do this in a manner in which our parents and our children would be proud.” – Clif McKenzie, Watson CEO
Surrounded by towering Douglas Firs, our fully integrated manufacturing and administrative offices tread softly on a 34 acre apple orchard in the Puget Sound Region. Watson is one of the few thriving West Coast furniture manufacturers still in existence today. We design and build agile workplace solutions for some of the largest, most dynamic companies in the world and have done so for over half a century. We make each product in our manufacturing facility with methods rivaling the best. Watson designs are user driven and delivered with a modern environmental sensibility.
Watson is looking for Plant Manager whom will manage factory operations in a make-to-order discreet manufacturing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, drives improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and coordinate activities and performance of assigned Team Management to ensure the achievement of quality and objectives and performance goals.
- Evaluate performance of production staff
- Responsible for factory payroll performance to budget.
- Establishes and administers operational procedure.
- Assumes responsibility for proper operator level maintenance of production equipment and facilities.
- Takes necessary action to eliminate delays ensuring adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Develop information and compiles reports concerning scheduling, production goals, equipment and maintenance problems and other studies or reports as requested.
- Works in a team environment with other department management to coordinate a production schedule to achieve required deadlines, objectives and budgets.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, safety standards, and excellent housekeeping practices.
- Conducts review and follow-up on projects to ensure completion of assigned work.
- Advises department management on matters relating to daily operations and assesses progress on improvement projects.
- Ensures adequate resources are available to manufacture product (equipment, supplies, and labor).
- Reviews, performs/ensures investigations are done effectively and in a timely manner.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven communication and employee relations skills necessary.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office and ERP/MES software).
- Interacts with other parts of the business to resolve problems that interfere with productivity.
- Ensures training of department personnel.
- Possesses a good understanding of manufacturing operations and related processes.
- Requires excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead throughput improvement to work processes for production and/or quality control
Submit applications to www.watsonfurniture.com/careers under the Current Positions link. Applications will only be processed through our website.
Watson's an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Watson will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.