The Production Manager oversees the daily factory operations. This key position assures day-to-day operations meet company targets and goals in a safe, efficient manner and at the specified quality. The Production Manager reports directly to the VP of Manufacturing.
Essential functions and job duties:
- Manage Production Function
- Supervise and coordinate activities and performance of production supervisors and leads to ensure the achievement of objectives and performance goals
- Manage the production function within the framework of the Watson ISO 9001 Management System
- Responsible for proper operator level maintenance of production equipment and tools.
- Set and lead production goals to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all processes
- Responsible for improving workflows to enhance throughput without compromising safety or quality.
- Ensure safe use of equipment, ensure effectiveness of safety committee and adjusting processes as needed.
- Occasional work on production line to understand constraint areas and opportunities or problem solving.
- Use and develop ERP data and/or reports as needed concerning scheduling, production goals, equipment and maintenance problems and other studies.
- Reviews, performs/ensures root cause and corrective action investigations are done effectively and in a timely manner.
- Manage Production Team
Skills / Competencies required:
Collaboration: Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, and Watson personnel at all levels across the company. Contribute to team and company success. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
Minimum of four (4) years supervisory experience in manufacturing
Proven leadership, communication, and employee relations skills.
Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for most of the day.
Knowledge of Manufacturing principles and methods. Experience in made-to-order manufacturing a plus
Excellent computer skills (MS Office and ERP/MES software)
Demonstrated ability to lead throughput and quality improvement initiatives