Function and Scope:
Employee works with ACC’s Quality Campaigns, which are central components supporting ACC’s mission to transform cardiovascular care. Specific duties include quality campaign design, implementation, and evaluation. Design includes analysis and research to identify evidence-based quality improvement opportunities strategies, formulation of major objectives and goals, training plans, program quality measures, quality tools, project plans, and committee management. Implementation includes providing support to quality campaign participants, marketing/communication, learning network building, and product delivery. Evaluation includes outcome analyses and systematic program reviews.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct best practice research activities for quality campaign development (e.g., review of published literature, analysis of other data sources).
- Assist with conducting quantitative and qualitative research activities (e.g., needs assessment analysis, survey development, focus group set-up, and in-depth interviews participation).
- Assist with collaborating with internal teams to support quality improvement program activities, especially with the ACC Chapters and segments within the care team (e.g., CCA, PharmD, practice administrators).
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders to support quality activities.
- Contribute to the development and management of quality campaign work plans by maintaining project schedules, sending reminders for critical deadlines, and identifying potential issues in advance.
- Serve as a staff liaison to one or more quality campaign committees. Duties may include:
- Developing meeting agendas with committee members and staff leaders
- Scheduling conference calls
- Drafting call summaries
- Identifying, tracking, and following-up on action items as appropriate
- Provide logistical support for quality improvement activities and presentations for webinars, in-person meetings, and other venues.
- Assist with managing registration/enrollment process for quality campaigns, including process documentation and training for staff as needed.
- Manage the Listserv for quality campaigns.
- Assist with the development of internal and external communication materials for quality improvement programs and BPQI in both print and electronic formats (e.g., newsletters, website) for multiple audiences.
- Assist with the development of content for presentations and webinars to ensure relevance to audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in in a health related discipline.
- At least 2 years of hospital experience working with care teams.
- At least 1 year work experience in health care quality improvement. Advanced degree may be substituted for work experience.
- Knowledge of health care quality improvement methods and evidence-based medicine.
- Experience with evaluation and research design.
- Experience conducting literature searches in medical and business databases.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work well under strict deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially with external stakeholders.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills. Ability to learn quickly “on the job.”
- Proficiency with Windows-based office software, especially those currently in use at ACC (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
- Master’s degree in health-related field.
- Experience with leading or supporting quality improvement programs in a national, regional, hospital or outpatient setting.
- Experience in health communications and marketing.
The American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 52,000-member nonprofit medical society, is dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. The ACC provides professional education and operates national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care. ACC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan, commuting subsidies, flexible work schedules, and more. For more information, please visit www.acc.org/jobs. ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.