Function and Scope
As a member of the Human Resources team, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) Associate serves as the day to day contact to the business units on human resources-related issues, provides full lifecycle recruiting for all job levels and will act as an employee champion and change agent. Works closely with the Team Leader, Human Resources to develop and implement creative and strategic recruitment programs and tools to attract, develop and retain talent and to create an effective pipeline of key talent. Also, works with the Team Leader to play a key role in the design, management and execution of human resources programs related to employee benefits, HR compliance and audit; provide analytical and technical support as well as helping others as needed to support strategic HR programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and build relationships with internal clients, professional organizations and key external partners and vendors.
- Provide full lifecycle recruiting for all job levels and temporary employee requests across multiple business units within ACC (e.g., Education, Science & Quality, Advocacy, Digital and Organizational Strategy, Membership, Operations, Finance, IT, Market Strategy, and Communications).
- Partner with hiring managers to develop recruiting strategy for open positions and future staffing needs; train/coach managers on interviewing techniques and legal issues regarding the hiring process.
- Work with Team Leader, HR to develop and implement creative and strategic recruitment programs and tools; enhance ACC’s visibility and reputation in key recruiting channels to position ACC as an employer of choice among target candidates.
- Assist Team Leader, Human Resources with oversight and management of the AAP and diversity recruitment efforts.
- Manage applicant tracking process and system, reporting and analysis.
- Manage job description and position management process.
- Manage internal job posting process and employee referral program.
Business Unit Support
- Collaborate with the business units and HR colleagues to determine specific action plans to support the business lines needs in areas of training and development, performance management and other company wide initiatives.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to team leaders and staff, ensuring policies are complied with accordingly.
- Manage new hire orientation program and execution to ensure successful onboarding of new employees.
- Analyze exit interview and other data and provide recommendations to the business unit leaders and the HR team.
- Act as point of contact for employees and respective business units on all HR related needs.
- Assist Team Leader, Human Resources with recommendations for operational and strategic review/revision of current employee programs (e.g. benefits and wellness).
- Manage assigned Employee Program; implementation and strategy of ongoing program activities.
- Manage assigned HR-related annual compliance projects (e.g. retirement audit, annual notices and 5500s).
- Provide peer development coaching and guidance to the Human Resources Associates.
- Collaborate with the HR team on the development and implementation of employee retention programs and strategies.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field
- Six plus years’ experience in full lifecycle recruiting of all levels in a business or mid-large association environment
- Experience providing all functions of Human Resources as a strategic business partner to a fast-paced and changing organization
- Proven success in recruiting market sensitive and other difficult-to-fill or unique positions
- An expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle components including but not limited to: sourcing, qualifying, networking, interviewing and assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, offer negotiation and relationship management
- Ability to effectively manage relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative and solid judgment ability/skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- High degree of experience with use and management of applicant tracking technology
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Strong work ethic and team orientation and ability to integrate with HR team
- Working knowledge and application of relevant laws and regulations (EEO/AA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, Title VII, COBRA, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Master’s degree
- PHR designation
- Experience recruiting in or for healthcare organizations/associations
The American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 52,000-member nonprofit medical society, is dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. The ACC provides professional education and operates national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care. ACC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan, commuting subsidies, flexible work schedules, and more. For more information, please visit www.acc.org/jobs. ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.