Function & Scope:
The Education Measurement & Analysis Associate will work with the Education / Education Design / Assessment and Outcomes team to design, develop, administer, analyze, and report results of assessments for ACC educational programs, products, activities, and initiatives. Works with Education and other staff to support goals and strategies consistent with an outcomes-driven, ACC competency-based curriculum.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates within and across teams to design appropriate qualitative and quantitative assessment measures.
- Develops and implements a variety of assessment instruments to support the outcomes-based evaluation of educational programs, products, activities and initiatives.
- Manages multiple, concurrent assessment and reporting processes.
- Supports the timely collection and analysis of data, and the presentation in written and/or visual format of evaluation results to ACC staff and relevant faculty and committee members.
- Works with the Assessment and Outcomes team to produce and distribute timely, relevant educational summary reports.
- Supports the management of the ACC inventory of assessment data and projects.
- Assists with educating ACC staff, faculty, and members on data-driven decision making.
- Keeps current on trends and updates in healthcare and continuing medical education.
- Keeps current on new methods and techniques of designing, producing, collecting, analyzing, and reporting outcomes-based evaluation data, including appropriate survey management software and analytical software to support assessment and evaluation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, measurement, evaluation, public health, or related field.
- 3 + years of experience in educational assessment and evaluation.
- Must be able to apply appropriate statistical methods and tests with minimal assistance.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and IBM SPSS. Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (formulas and graphing).
- Ability to gather and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data and write related reports.
- Experience with web-based survey development and basic project management; ability to collaborate and interface between subject matter experts other content developers and programmers.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative and flexible; works effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to interact with ACC staff and members at all levels.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Graduate degree or advanced training.
- Clinical background or experience working in a medical or health-related field. Position may involve reading and summarizing medical literature and research.
The American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 52,000-member nonprofit medical society, is dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. The ACC provides professional education and operates national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care. ACC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan, commuting subsidies, flexible work schedules, and more. For more information, please visit www.acc.org/jobs. ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.