Function and Scope:
Designs ACC’s quality program educational activities in collaboration with staff, members, and NCDR Participant subject matter experts, ensuring linkages between educational design elements (i.e., learning needs, outcomes, objectives, etc.) and the creation and delivery of learning content for web-based, blended learning and live activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies adult learning principles and appropriate instructional design techniques to achieve desired outcomes for quality program educational activities.
- Develops intended learning outcomes and learning objectives for educational activities and links them to program participant problems or evidence-based gaps in knowledge, competence and/or performance.
- Works collaboratively with subject matter experts to curate and create data management, quality improvement, clinical, administrative and leadership competency-based education (as it relates to quality program participation).
- Recommends learning strategies and appropriate delivery formats (live, online, blended) for achieving intended learning outcomes.
- Creates process linkages between educational design tasks (gaps, goals, objectives, outcomes, target audience, etc.) and activity development tasks to ensure that all are aligned to achieve intended learning outcomes.
- Works collaboratively in teams with ACC staff and ACC member subject matter experts to plan and develop learning content.
- Works collaboratively with quality program managers and other staff to complete the required Certification Request Form, ensuring compliance with ACCME/ANCC standards and guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of available ACC Apps, tools, and learning resources which may be integrated into educational activities.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the ACC Learning Content Management System (LCMS) functionality and applies that understanding to facilitate efficient educational design, development and delivery.
- Suggests content repurposing ideas to broaden reach and create new revenue streams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or Healthcare related field.
- 7+ years of instructional design experience; must have had responsibility for delivering educational activities from the idea stage through development, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience in managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of learning content management systems and an understanding of technical standards for online learning such as SCORM, AICC, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Dedication to member service and ability to excel in a team environment with clinicians, executives, contractors, consultants, and other staff.
- Available for travel on occasion to support job responsibilities.
- Healthcare and/or patient care expertise a plus.
- Instructional design experience directly within the healthcare industry and/or medical education sector.
- Instructional design experience to produce competency-based education.
- Experience designing content for mobile devices and personalized education platforms.
- Experience designing and delivering content through authoring systems and content management and delivery systems such as Xyleme and Digital Ignite.
The American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 52,000-member nonprofit medical society, is dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. The ACC provides professional education and operates national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care. ACC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan, commuting subsidies, flexible work schedules, and more. For more information, please visit www.acc.org/jobs. ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.