Function and Scope:
The International Chapter Liaison will provide operational support for the successful implementation of the ACC’s international strategy to improve heart health and cardiovascular care for patients around the world. Core functions include assuming overall management of the ACC’s 40 international chapters, expanding collaborative relationships with ACC chapters to further the International Affairs Team’s strategic goals, and coordinating support from ACC chapters for the ACC Latin America, Middle East, and Asia-Pacific Regional conferences.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages relationships with the ACC’s network of 40 international chapters, the Assembly of International Governors (the ACC’s international governing body), and the Assembly of International Governors Steering Committee (the senior decision-making body of the International Chapters)
- Identifies ways to innovate and further expand collaboration with our 40 international chapters through education and quality improvement initiatives, including partnerships involving the ACC’s cardiovascular data registries
- Organizes and creates agendas for regular meetings with the Assembly of International Governors Steering Committee to ensure collaboration and consensus among the international governors for furthering the ACC’s international strategic objectives
- Develops a monthly newsletter for dissemination to all international governors from the ACC’s 40 international chapters, which includes helpful updates on the ACC’s international activities and goals throughout the year
- Manages logistics, develops agendas, and updates supporting documents for meetings between international chapter governors and the ACC’s presidential team at key international congresses, including the ACC’s Annual Scientific Sessions and European Society of Cardiology Congress
- Manages chapter support and involvement in the ACC’s three international regional conferences in Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific, including successful promotion of the conference throughout the region and active participation of the ACC’s international chapters
- Coordinates with other members of the International Affairs team and ACC presidential team support staff to ensure robust participation from the ACC in the over 50 international congresses we attend each year
- Works with the ACC’s membership councils to better engage international members and counterparts within other societies
- Supports the ACC’s global health advocacy activities as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in an international NGO setting, including relationship development with stakeholders from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all assignments. Ability to work under pressure to meet rigid deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proactively seeks information to accomplish all tasks.
- Superb cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with a high-level of proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as web-based applications such as SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion (approximately 3-4 times a year).
- Interest in global health issues.
- Proficiency in one or multiple foreign languages
- Experience working in a professional association
- Experience working on global health care issues
The American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 52,000-member nonprofit medical society, is dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. The ACC provides professional education and operates national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care.
ACC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan, commuting subsidies, flexible work schedules, and more. For more information, please visit www.acc.org/jobs
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.