WELCOME TO THE ACC!
We are a 54,000-member nonprofit medical society and teaching institute, dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. We bestow credentials upon cardiovascular specialists who meet our stringent qualifications, provide professional education and operate national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care. Above all, our commitment to our members and our patients has driven the College to be a leader in the formulation of health policy, standards and guidelines, and a steadfast supporter of cardiovascular research.
Named as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2016 & 2017, we offer satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We offer a collaborative environment where the contributions of our team members are recognized and where you can achieve professional growth and personal fulfillment.
Reporting to the Manager of Market Intelligence and working closely with the Manager of Product Management in Publishing, this role is responsible for supporting the data-driven intelligence and visualization operations of the ACC with a focus on business intelligence to support the Journals of the American College of Cardiology (JACC).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and apply business intelligence analytics/large-scale analytic platforms to address business needs, support strategic decision making, and meet reporting requirements.
- Gather, profile, analyze and process data (structured/unstructured) from internal and external sources for analysis (including writing code, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Perform data analysis to assist business leaders with finding patterns and relationships in data.
- Perform data transformation that includes data manipulation, transposition, parsing, cleansing, and reformatting from multiple sources into a functioning dataset while ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Develop and deploy on-demand BI dashboards integrating ETL feeds into real-time analytics.
- Identify improvements in tools, data sources, data quality and analytic techniques and implement solutions, where applicable. Independently recognize data inconsistencies and work to address.
- Assist with the development of standardized quality assurance tasks related to complex data structures. Execute procedures to support quality assurance activities.
- Perform trend analysis, predictive analytics, machine learning and data mining to provide actionable insights that inform strategic and tactical decisions leading to improved customer experience and business results.
- Utilizing the approaches outlined above, provide analysis, dashboard development, and quality assurance to support JACC Journals business line.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, statistics, economics, or related field
- Coursework in statistics and data mining.
- Database skills and working experience with SQL Server, Excel, APIs, RSS Feeds, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL programming.
- Familiarity with Personify, Python, and Tableau, Google analytics, HTML desired/a plus.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, able to prioritize/handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, spelling and proofreading. Ability to deliver high level presentations and reports.
- Excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem solving skills in multifaceted and dynamic environment.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Able to interact well with other ACC staff, executives, members, and outside vendors.
The American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 54,000-member nonprofit medical society, is dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. The ACC provides professional education and operates national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care.
ACC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan, commuting subsidies, flexible work schedules, and more. For more information, please visit www.acc.org/jobs
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.