Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Simons Collaboration on the Nonperturbative Bootstrap (http://bootstrapcollaboration.com) seeks applicants for the position of Research Software Engineer.
Our Collaboration focuses on developing new computational techniques for studying and solving nonperturbative quantum field theories. Our techniques draw on computer algebra, high-precision numerical optimization, distributed computing, and many other areas of computer science.
This is a one year term position, with the possibility of extension up to three years. The position will be based at the Caltech campus in Pasadena, CA.
– Collaborate with faculty and researchers to develop open-source solutions for nonperturbative computations in quantum field theory.
– Explore applications of high-performance computing and GPUs to improve and scale current tools.
– Assist researchers with optimizing, parallelizing, distributing, and using shared software tools.
– BS in computer science, physics or related field.
– Familiarity with Python/C/C++.
– Solid track record of open source coding and development as project maintainer or core contributor.
– Experience with numerical computation and/or compuer algebra.
– Experience with high-performance computing, GPUs, or willingness to learn.
– PhD or other degree in computer science, physics or related field.
– Familiarity with functional languages Mathematica and Haskell.
– Cover Letter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.