Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Space Structures Laboratory in the Graduate Aerospace Laboratories at Caltech is looking for a research engineer with experience in design, testing and integration of CubeSats and smallsats. Candidates for this position should be familiar with space mission design and also have experience in working with actual flight hardware. Graduates with a Masters degree and experience in the design, integration and testing of spacecraft electronics, mechanical design and fabrication, and flight software are encouraged to apply.
More details about ongoing space projects in the Space Structures Lab can be found at http://www.pellegrino.caltech.edu
– Design of novel space mission architectures
– Design, integration and testing of nanosatellites
– Design and testing of electronic systems
– Write and test software
– Conduct literature research; write research reports and journal articles; present research work at seminars and participate in team discussions
– Serve as mentor to graduate and undergraduate students
– Other duties as assigned
– BS and MS degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with at least 2 years of relevant experience
– Experience with PCB design software
– Soildworks of equivalent CAD software
– Proficiency in C/C++
– Cover Letter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.