Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Reporting to the Energy Program Manager, the Energy Services Associate will support all aspects of Caltech’s best-in-class energy management program including commissioning, energy auditing, project design, project management, measurement & verification, controls integration, performance reporting, and utility budgeting and billing. In addition, this position will support the Energy Program Manager in a variety tasks including the integration of energy services and maintenance management, preparing briefing and presentation materials, updating internal and external reports, responding to information requests, and other ad hoc reporting as needed.
The primary duty will be to collaborate with the Energy Manager, Manager for Sustainability Programs, facilities operations staff and project managers in the support, and execution of energy management projects at Caltech from inception through operations and maintenance. Examples include:
– Conduct field work including job walks and field verification of existing conditions
– Project coordination with contractors, staff and end-users
– Measurement and verification reporting
– Retro-commissioning project coordination
– Post-occupancy commissioning documentation and coordination
– Collect, organize and analyze data for project performance reporting and energy resource utilization
– Maintain internal reports for utilities usage and costs
– Complete regular external reports
– Ensure proper project document control
– Work with the facilities Asset Information Manager to support the inventory of energy assets into the campus Integrated Workplace Management System
– Work with facilities managers when requested in the performance of administrative functions and/or special projects
– Perform other duties as may be assigned
– Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related technical field
– Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
– Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio)
– Ability to gather, integrate and analyze data from various internal custom applications
– Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts to diverse audiences
– Self-starter with the ability to work comfortably and effectively in cross-functional teams
– Experience with energy modeling, project financing and cost/benefit analysis
– 3 years’ experience in energy or sustainability field
– Strong organizational and project management skills
– LEED AP or LEED GA
– Certifications from the Association of Energy Engineers
– Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans
– Familiarity with HVAC and Building Management Control Systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf