Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
We seek to hire a Research Technician who will support our team in technical reserach to elucidating the mechanisms of interaction between gut microbiota and brain.
– Work independently in an academic laboratory setting.
– Assist with routine laboratory duties.
– Support research projects under direct supervision of a senior laboratory member.
– Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the research being conducted from a four-year college or university.
– 1 - 2 years of experience in a research lab setting beyond laboratory coursework.
– Experience with basic laboratory techniques and equipment (pipetting, centrifugation, solutions).
– Technical experience with RT-qPCR, ELISA, western blotting, immunohistochemistry, and other basic molecular biology and biochemical techniques.
– Comfortable with animal research.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently.
– Ability to keep accurate and meticulous records of experimentation.
– Experience with mouse models of behavior.
– Technical experience in mouse research.
– Experience in advanced immunocytochemistry, fluorescence, and confocal imaging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf