Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist with projects in mammalian synthetic biology. The ideal applicant should be skilled in general molecular biology and cell culture techniques. The candidate must be organized, hard-working, and have excellent communication skills.
– Molecular biology, including PCR, DNA cloning, and plasmid preparation.
– Cell culture including general cell culture maintenance, and cell line construction and verification.
– Fluorescence microscopy including live cell and fixed cell imaging..
– Flow cytometry.
– Other duties as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field.
– Biology research lab experience.
– Ability to record, interpret, and report results with clarity.
– Ability to multitask.
– Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques, including PCR and restriction enzyme cloning.
– Must possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work with little supervision.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Motivation to learn and desire to read primary scientific literature.
– Hands-on experience with mammalian tissue culture.
– Computer programming experience (Matlab or Python preferred).
– Fluorescence microscopy experience.
– Data analysis experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf