Title: Director, Clinical I
Salary Range: $76,632.86-$114,949.29 Actual offers will be determined by the candidate’s creditable years of experience in conjunction with internal equity considerations and based on the organization’s current compensation practices.
Job Code: 139
This is an opportunity to provide senior leadership in the continuous development, implementation, and expansion of a portfolio of sustainable, COA accredited programs in, Sacramento, Solano, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Contra Costa. The Capital Region Budget is $28M+, serving over 3,000 children and youth a year.
Reporting the Regional Executive Director, the successful candidate will provide senior leadership in the development, implementation, and expansion of the region's services, quality of care, program operations and fiscal viability. Will provide clinical vision and service standards that advance the agency's continuous improvement initiatives. Will maximize external relationships in a professional manner to enhance the agency's standing at the local and state levels. Will serves as a source of vision and innovation for practitioners, staff and customers.
Works within the vision, mission, and philosophy of the agency. With general direction, manages multiple clinical programs overseeing the clinical staff and operations in the region. Ensures that youth and families receive the most effective, efficient, and culturally appropriate services. Collaborates with Regional Executive Director regarding agency-wide initiatives, annual priorities, and continuous quality improvement efforts. Oversees program design and budgeting. Ensures compliance with fiscal and contract obligations of programs. Interfaces with external community partners, agencies, and county departments. Ensures that the daily operations run smoothly, operating within compliance and safety policies, standards, and regulations.
1. Oversees the management of programs, assesses strengths, and needs for improvement.
2. Develops and manages program budget. Assesses opportunities for program growth and potential funding resources.
3. Inspires and supports culture of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and facilitates Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) forums and teams as needed.
4. Trains and coordinates training for systems change, supporting learning partner, and training direct service staff.
5. Facilitates the integration of best practices at all levels with agency programs and support teams.
6. Evaluates, assesses, and manages risk.
7. Develops and negotiates program proposals.
8. Represents agency to internal and external stakeholders.
9. Builds and nurtures relationships with community partners and payors.
10. Researches, reviews, implements, and monitors Evidence Based Practices (EBPs), best practice principles, structures, and clinical policy.
11. Participates in the development of outcome measures and analyzes outcomes for improvement opportunities.
12. Negotiates and monitors performance to program and outside agency contracts.
13. S upervise Clincial Program Managers , Clinical Associate Directors, and Regional Managers
14. Participates in Leadership Academy and curriculum development.
15. Applies legal and ethical standards in completion of work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
• Master’s Degree (MA/MS) in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling or related field required.
•Five (5) years of direct service experience in the areas of child welfare and/or children’s mental health required.
•Three (3) years of program leadership and supervisory experience in the area of child welfare and/or children’s mental health required.
•California licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Doctor's Degree (PhD).
•Leadership and supervisory expertise and experience in Adoption Agency (AA) Operations, Foster Family Agency (FFA) Operations, Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC), Transitional Housing Programs (THP+FC, THP-PLUS), Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC), and Specialty Mental Health Services.
•Expertise and experience developing, implementing, and expanding evidence-based and research-informed components and interventions in all programs.
•Expertise and experience in leading responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and routinely winning competitive bid processes.
•Served as a representative and/or been appointed as an expert in local and state wide committees and workgroups.
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance, if required.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition, this position requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing, and kneeling.
Employee Statement of Understanding
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of
the essential functions of this position. I agree to successfully complete all required training indicated for this position. I agree to keep all of my required certifications and licenses current and up to date and provide proper documentation of the same to the Human Resources Department. I agree to comply with all Agency policies and procedures. I agree to comply with the agency compliance plan and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor. As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the values in all their interactions with youth and families and fellow employees.