Title: Facilitator I
Salary Range: $65,446.07-$78,535.28
Actual offers will be determined by the candidate’s creditable years of experience in conjunction with internal equity considerations and based on the organization’s current compensation practices.
Job Code: 055
Works within the vision, mission, and philosophy of the agency. Under limited supervision, works independently in the family’s home and a variety of community and/or treatment settings, coordinates services with an understanding of the complexity of each family while blending the clinical care of the youth with the facilitation of the life domain planning process. Provides cross-functional team facilitation to support and enhance the efforts of youth and their families/caregivers, system workers who are part of the support team, and other individuals in a variety of environments. Provides facilitation, assessment, and case management services including all related documentation for services planned and provided.
1. Provides facilitation and coordination in the development of individualized services for youth and families.
2. Implements strength-based family centered methodology into planning and develops creative methods to ensure individualized culturally sensitive care.
3. Understands interactions of complex systems in the context of a family’s life, service delivery structures, and the community’s resources.
4. Elicits, values, and incorporates divergent perspectives in action plans and strategies in order to help youth stabilize in a placement and connect them with a permanent setting.
5. Participates with families as a complete unit with focus on individual strengths/concerns/needs.
6. Partners with parents of special needs children in order to ensure parent voice, choice, and access.
7. Facilitates the development and refinement of effective reactive and proactive safety plans.
8. Provides leadership role in linking parents, youth, and staff when a crisis arises.
9. Ensures the involvement of natural members with the Child and Family Team (CFT).
10. Assists Family Specialists and other line personnel to develop strength-based interventions and strategies which include plans for transition to primary caregiver.
11. Provides meeting minutes to all Child and Family Team (CFT) members and facilitates communication plans to support on-going inclusion and accountability of all team members.
12. Participates effectively in both internal and external multidisciplinary clinical teams.
13. Assesses and integrates internal and external customers’ concerns, needs, and expectations into planning process.
14. Organizes and presents clinical evaluation and initial treatment plans to staff and community partners and participates in service reviews.
15. Understands and implements funding policies/procedures and trains Child and Family Teams (CFTs) in stewardship practices.
16. Provides effective therapeutic linkages with referral sources, collateral contacts, community resources and program staff.
17. Manages flexible schedule consistent with family and program needs.
18. Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of interventions with youth and families.
19. Demonstrates effective personal organizational systems for ensuring paperwork/information management accuracy and timeliness.
20. Employee is required to meet applicable productivity and documentation requirements
21. Driving to appointments with clients and their families or other key contacts
22. Physical interactions with children of variable ages such as, but not limited to, games, sports and other activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
Master’s Degree (MS/ MA) in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field required.
• Experience serving individuals with complex needs including Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) youth/ and families and/or youth in residential settings required.
• Experience with the mental health, child welfare and/or juvenile probation systems required.
• Availability to participate in 24-hour stand by program required.
• Registration or eligible to registered with the California BBS within an agreed upon time frame required.
• Master’s Degree (MS/ MA) in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field AND two (2) years related experience.
• Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (MHRS) and licensure eligibility.
HIGHELY DESIREABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Speak, read, and/or write another language fluently preferred.
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years experience driving and clean driving record is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition, this position will require standing, sitting, walking, climbing, and kneeling.
Employee Statement of Understanding
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position. I agree to successfully complete all required training indicated for this position. I agree to keep all of my required certifications and licenses current and up to date and provide proper documentation of the same to the Human Resources Department. I agree to comply with all Agency policies and procedures. I agree to comply with the agency compliance plan and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor. As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the values in all their interactions with youth and families and fellow employees.