Waterton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and separation. EEO is the law.
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
Guest Services Agent
The Guest Service Agent ensures a positive, lasting impression through attending to guests' needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashiering.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
- Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and payment information.
- Promote the hotel brand's preferred guest program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
- Accept payment for guests' accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
- Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes.
- Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently.
- Individuals in this role must be comfortable making conversation with a diverse clientele base and must be able to professionally describe the hotel and its amenities as the guest is checking in or asks about a guest's stay as they check out.
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record if required.
- General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions. Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Professional demeanor - service oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of one year prior customer service experience required. Previous guest services experience within a hotel is preferred.