Waterton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and separation. EEO is the law.
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
The Restaurant Bartender prepares and serves beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare drinks for guests and servers, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand, and talk to guests.
- Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages.
- Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
- Provide opening and closing inventory of spirits.
- Utilize a POS (Point of Sale) System to enter food and drink orders.
- The restaurant/bar is a team oriented environment and this position may be required to assist in other areas of the restaurant as needs arise.
- Follow safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Basic food/beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Waterton policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Professional, warm demeanor – service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year of high volume bar experience required. Prior hotel/restaurant experience preferred.
- TIPS Certification required. Must be minimum age to serve alcohol according to state specific regulations.