Waterton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and separation. EEO is the law.
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
The Room Attendant cleans guest rooms in accordance with established quality and performance standards.
- Clean guest rooms, change linens, clean bathrooms, vacuum, and clean public space within the hotel.
- Organize and stock cleaning cart and organize linen closets on floors assigned.
- Complete accurately, and in a timely manner, any assigned paperwork.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Possess working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
- Must be able to respond to guest requests quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work at a faster-than-average pace, cleaning a high volume of guest rooms in a short period of time.
- Professional demeanor - service oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- No prior experience required. Previous housekeeping experience within a similar size hotel highly desired.