Waterton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and separation. EEO is the law.
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
Banquet Set-Up Attendant
The Banquet Set-Up Attendant is responsible for the set-up, cleanliness and maintenance of meeting and banquet space, as required by hotel and company standards.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per specifications on resume and BEOs or as given by banquet management including, but not limited to, vacuuming floors and cleaning walls and windows/mirrors.
- Ensure proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, and dance floor lecterns is required.
- Ensure proper control and storage of meeting room supplies such as linen, pads, pens/pencils and candy, etc.
- Service every meeting room by emptying trash, removing dirty plates, cups, linens and glasses, and replace as necessary.
- Straighten all chairs. Replenish water requirements as specified or requested.
- On a continuous basis, keep service corridors, pre-function space, and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed.
- Upon customer request, locate and deliver convention material to designated location.
- Recommend proper maintenance and repair to banquet management and ensure the proper housekeeping of all function space (as applicable).
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Basic English Language Skills (written & verbal) - Candidates must be able to read and understand a Banquet Event Order (BEO)
- Professional, Warm Demeanor - Service Oriented
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, manage time and work well under pressure
- High School Diploma (or equivalent education/experience)
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time (which may include an entire shift)
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Prior hospitality experience preferred. Previous experience with setting up/breaking down banquet functions highly desired
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should anticipate working weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO