Waterton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and separation. EEO is the law.
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
The Host/Hostess greets and seats guests as they come into the restaurant, providing a positive start to their overall dining experience
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Control the flow of the restaurant, seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest list and/or reservation system.
- Assist with taking drink orders, and in clearing/cleaning tables as needed.
- Assisting in the set-up of the restaurant prior to opening and the clean-up of the restaurant after closing.
- Handle reservation book, take incoming calls to the restaurant, note reservations and special requests by guests.
- Assist in table setting and general dining room maintenance during peak periods.
- Follow safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- The restaurant/bar is a team oriented environment and this position may be required to assist in other areas of the restaurant as needs arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Basic food/beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Knowledge of menu items, and ability to describe methods of preparation.
- Professional, warm demeanor – service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year of experience in public contact or customer service required. Prior hotel/restaurant experience preferred.