Waterton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and separation. EEO is the law.
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
The Maintenance/Engineer Supervisor assists int he day-to-day supervision and long term operations of Engineering and related departments.
- Perform general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including but not limited to carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, finish work, etc.
- Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and established hotel area down times in order to minimize inconveniencing guests.
- Supervise engineering associates in the completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces, and grounds.
- Supervise engineering associates in all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and associate work areas.
- Communicate performance expectations with oversight from the Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager and provide associates with continuous feedback.
- Effectively interact with department managers as required.
- Respond to guest room calls as required.
- Complete any and all assigned preventative maintenance procedures.
- Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Be a leader and a role model to all associates.
- Follow safety and sanitation standards.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Candidates most successful in this role will display the following characteristics:
- Problem Solving - Conducts ongoing investigations of technical problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions; problem solving is focused on proven systems, technologies and established organizational relationships; decisions are made quickly and firmly.
- Leadership - Focuses on efficient, accurate, quality work output; possesses a strong, authoritative leadership style; maintains close control of processes, tasks, and results; provides clear and direct instructions to others.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; adheres to hotel and company standards; supports organization's goals and values; makes informed decisions based on expertise.
- Loyalty - Follows instructions, has a strong commitment to completing tasks efficiently; takes work seriously; has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) programs.
- Ability to assess/evaluate associates performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management (soft) skills.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree or technical school degree preferred.
- One+ years of progressive, related experience within a major hotel, hospital, or building required. Supervisory role within a hotel Engineering Department preferred. Experience in a similarly sized hotel with similar business model preferred.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits. Must possess, or have the ability and experience to acquire, a first class operating engineer's license in boilers and air conditioning as required.