Waterton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and separation. EEO is the law.
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
The Engineer is responsible for the general maintenance of all areas within the hotel.
- Perform general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including but not limited to carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, finish work, etc.
- Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and established hotel area down times in order to minimize inconveniencing guests.
- Effectively interact with department managers is required.
- Respond to guest room calls as required.
- Complete any and all assigned preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follow safety and sanitation standards.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with little supervision. Self-starter.
- Experience in all phases of mechanical/electrical systems.
- Ability to communicate with hotel guests.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree or technical school degree preferred.
- One+ years of hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and HVAC repairs preferred. Experience in a hotel engineering department highly desired.
- Valid Driver's License required. Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government-required licenses, certificates or permits.