Overview of Job Function:
The Product Support Specialist analyzes and evaluates technical problems and/or functionality questions within the software based on the application, data source or integration with external applications. The Product Support Specialist determines the best course of action to resolve the problem or inquiry.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Function as primary customer contact for all incoming calls and assigned customer cases by providing telephone, web, and email based technical support for Verint’s products.
- Ensure the highest level of communication with the customer to meet Verint’s contractual Service level Agreement (SLA) by providing regular updates with respect to progress of each incident, and quickly providing high quality, creative, and timely solutions in a professional manner while demonstrating the highest level of customer service.
- Facilitate resolutions with Verint’s customer contacts and with other members of the Verint organization (sales, services, product house, etc.) as necessary in the course of problem resolution. Technical guidance may be provided by a Senior Product Support Specialist and/or Technical Lead.
- Learning new cutting edge applications and systems on a daily basis
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology discipline or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of customer contact center or customer service experience that supports implementation, and troubleshooting of software applications and related technology infrastructure, or equivalent
- Experience with operating systems, desktop domains (active directory) and Windows security
- Ability to interpret schemas and/or author queries and stored procedures
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Experience in documenting customer issues with ability to tailor the explanation of technical concepts to the audience
- Experience in effectively dealing with customer service issues and handling customer conflict
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in the interest of customer satisfaction; may be required to participate in on-call rotations consistent with Support’s published on-call policy
- Familiarity with Contact Center operations and technology software and tools
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations
- Prior experience with the installation, support, usage or administration of Workforce Management related products or Verint software
- Demonstrated experience working with databases (SQL preferred)
- Familiarity with use of troubleshooting and diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, NetMon, PerfMon, WinDBG, etc.
- Understanding of networking and protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of telecom systems (CTI, PBX, VOIP) including switches and protocols
- Ability to author technical articles to document found solution