Position: Electromagnetic Protection (EMP) Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Reports to: Program Manager and Customer
Start Date: ASAP
Job Description: Advantage SCI, LLC is seeking a Electromagnetic Protection (EMP) Specialist to be considered for full time employment upon Contract award.
The EMP Specialist responsibilities include EMP analysis that applies across all segments of site operations for a given mission. Specific EMP analysis is conducted in accordance with the agency BSA SOP for EMP and is focused on the broad radio frequency (RF) spectrum, where a threat could be directed through any of the following electromagnetic (EM) pathways to affect human or automated information-based processes:
• Electrical power systems, building, lightning, and equipment grounding to include tempest accreditation
• Adequately secured and non-secured communications systems
• Computer-based information systems
The EMP Specialist responsibilities include identifying all aspects of EMP-related issues and providing recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
• Bachelor of Science degree in scientific discipline or Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum 10 years operational experience in the military or other comparable civilian position with focus on Electromagnetic Effects.
• Competency in Electromagnetic Phenomenology and associated Technologies.
• Experience in addressing EM protection as it applies across a broad RF spectrum from threats from external or internal sources that could potentially affect human or automated information- based processes.
• Preparation of power-point presentations, reports, and white papers.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MS/PhD degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
• Experience working as a Licensed Professional Engineer.
• Experience conducting vulnerability-based assessments similar to BSA Team assessments. Prior military operational experience desirable in high-threat environment.
Working Conditions (may change when deployed):
• Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
• Able to walk long distances
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)