Position: Emergency Operations (EO) Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Reports to: Program Manager and Customer
Start Date: ASAP
Job Description: Advantage SCI, LLC is seeking an Emergency Operations (EO) Specialist to be considered for full time employment upon Contract award.
The EO Specialist responsibilities focus around policies, plans, procedures, training, equipment, organization, and response management to a wide variety of emergencies. In accordance with the agency BSA SOP for EO, the EO Specialist recommends methods to reduce vulnerabilities and improve response capabilities, in addition to evaluating the site/facility continuity of operations planning (COOP) capability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from, various mission-threatening emergencies. The EO Specialist responsibilities include identifying all aspects of emergency related issues and providing recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
• Professional certification or degree in emergency management, fire protection, or business continuity with cross training or experience in areas related to continuity of operations.
• Minimum 10 years operational experience in the military or other comparable civilian position in emergency operations.
• Experience working in a SCIF environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of National Incident Management System (NIMS), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and DoD Standards.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to prepare power-point presentations, reports, and white papers.
• Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in a related field.
• Experience conducting vulnerability-based assessments similar to BSA’s.
• Prior military operational experience desirable in high-threat environment.
Working Conditions (may change when deployed):
• Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
• Able to walk long distances
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)