Position: Technical Editor
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Reports to: Program Manager and Customer
Start Date: ASAP
Job Description: Advantage SCI, LLC is seeking a Technical Editor to be considered for full time employment upon Contract award.
The Technical Editor responsibilities include editing reports, briefings and other documents associated with the BSA Team program in accordance with the agency BSA SOP for BSA Team Process, as well as assisting the IT Specialists with the duties and responsibilities identified in section 7.1 related to property and equipment management. The TI shall coordinate with the Technical Editors on assignments and priorities for BSA.
• Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years of closely related technical editing experience.
• Ability to coordinate program activities involving multiple government agencies external to the agency and within the agency to include contractors.
• Ability to support multiple programs; multi-tasking ability critical.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to prepare power-point presentations, reports, and white papers
• Ability to prepare correspondence for senior leadership (military or civilian).
• Experience handling and marking classified materials, experience with classified computer systems.
• Experience preparing classified documents for final distribution outside working SCIF. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of CONUS/OCONUS military/government operations.
• Prior military operational experience desirable in high-threat environment.
Working Conditions (may change when deployed):
• Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
• Able to walk long distances
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)