Join our dynamic team and make an impact at Bridgevine, Inc., the leading provider of customer acquisition solutions for iconic home service brands at our Atlanta, Georgia office. We offer an invaluable opportunity to gain exposure to all facets of our business — we work hard and we play hard. And, we will expect you to do both.
The Administrative Assistant / Office Manager provides executive support to the CEO and also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive offsite activities; and oversees special projects. The Administrative Assistant / Office Manager must be creative and enjoy working within a fast paced working environment that is mission-driven and results-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant / Office Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO's administrative liaison to Bridgevine’s board of directors.
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Assists in scheduling all senior management team meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
Senior Management Liaison
- Acts as the point of contact for office related items and requests, including maintenance, badging system, room reservations, etc.
- Orders office supplies and replenish accordingly
- Manages the kitchen, orders snacks, drinks, supplies, and ensures items are stocked
- Assists in event planning, including researching venues, ordering, setup, cleanup, etc.
- Answers the door, act as ambassador to visitors, provide first-class customer service
- Owns meeting setup, including launching video meeting, setting up Audio Visual equipment, clicking through presentations, managing the phone bridge
- Welcomes and introduces new hires to the team, ensures their desk is clean and set up prior to arrival, gives office tours, etc.
- Other tasks and projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Work tenure: two to five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives or other leaders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and board members
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Bridgevine powers customer acquisition solutions through its next generation technology platform. We thrive in a digital market where product and service supply from leading service brands intersects with residential and SMB customer demand. Through a blend of online direct marketing and proprietary distribution channels, over 8 million qualifications each month transact in Bridgevine’s vast marketplace. Participating partners in the telecommunications, cable, satellite, home security, and energy sectors delight in acquiring new customers, building brand loyalty and unlocking new revenue streams. Our technology platform has generated over $1.9 billion in annual recurring revenue for business partners.
Bridgevine seeks energetic thought leaders and knowledge workers who thrive on exciting assignments and working alongside smart, humorous and dedicated co-workers. Our roots are firmly planted in our core values, which inspire us every day to be Collaborative, Driven and Inquisitive.
Bridgevine, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is based out of Atlanta, Georgia. No relocation assistance provided.